DUI Charges Being Reduced To Reckless Driving
The number of DUI charges in the United States and in South Carolina are on the rise. More and more laws are being instituted in order to combat this tragic phenomenon like Emma’s Law here in SC. If you are convicted of a DUI charge, the consequences of your action are severe. Being found guilty of a DUI charge could:
- Negatively impact your driving record;
- Require you to get SR-22 automobile insurance;
- Affect your career (due to criminal record as well as inability to get to your job or workplace);
- Result in you losing your professional license;
- Require your installation of an ignition interlock device on any vehicle you own or could drive (Emma’s Law);
- Shell out heavy monetary fines;
- Mandatory attendance of alcohol classes; or
- Result in your imprisonment.
To combat these charges and possibly reduce your DUI charge to reckless driving (or get the charges dismissed) you need to retain a DUI Attorney at the soonest possible convenience.
We will thoroughly investigate your case and try to find all of the flaws in the prosecution’s case against you. We may be able to challenge certain aspects of the charges the prosecution has leveled against you including investigating:
- Whether or not the officer had probable cause to pull you over in the first place;
- Where your Miranda rights were read–if at all;
- Was your implied consent made aware to you by the arresting officer?
You Freedom Is At Stake
Let us use our years of experience to work for you to provide a strong and aggressive defense. We will seek to have the prosecution reduce your charges to reckless driving or even dismiss your charges entirely. The consequences of a conviction can be life-changing, and you deserve to have strong representation.